Easy Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multi-Gaming Clan

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

a possible mod to use.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

a possible mod to use. Empty
PostSubject: a possible mod to use.   a possible mod to use. Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 12:19 pm

So my brothers uses this mod with his friend on MC i think it would be really call if we could get it for our MineLife server =D

Its called Tekkit
Back to top Go down
rulerofworlds
EC|DM
EC|DM

Clan Tag : =]EC[=
Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: a possible mod to use.   a possible mod to use. Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 5:47 pm

Looks neat! It could also bring a lot of members back to playing minecraft. We should really consider it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a possible mod to use.   a possible mod to use. Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 7:13 pm

it has nukes >) lol can blow anything up plus it makes mineing easyer you also have machines for tunneling
Back to top Go down
NoAXE
EC|FM
EC|FM
NoAXE

Number of posts : 756

PostSubject: Re: a possible mod to use.   a possible mod to use. Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 7:27 pm

Ha Ha! This looks awesome! It's up to the staff though :D
Back to top Go down
rulerofworlds
EC|DM
EC|DM

PostSubject: Re: a possible mod to use.   a possible mod to use. Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 7:34 pm

So do you get the mod at their site? And also I think Ghost should give his thought about it.

(edit)

it appears they just have a number of mods on their server and not one mod in particular, here is the list:

Industrial Craft
Buildcraft
Red Power 2
Railcraft
Computercraft

If I have time I'll look into these and see if they would be a good addition to our server
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a possible mod to use.   a possible mod to use. Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 7:53 pm

ok cool
Back to top Go down
Wasp
EC|SM
EC|SM
Wasp

Number of posts : 3370
  • Hall of Fame

PostSubject: Re: a possible mod to use.   a possible mod to use. Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 9:02 pm

rulerofworlds wrote:
So do you get the mod at their site? And also I think Ghost should give his thought about it.

(edit)

it appears they just have a number of mods on their server and not one mod in particular, here is the list:

Industrial Craft
Buildcraft
Red Power 2
Railcraft
Computercraft

If I have time I'll look into these and see if they would be a good addition to our server

Ghost is on leave and will have nothing to do with upkeep of the server.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theeasycompany.org
rulerofworlds
EC|DM
EC|DM

PostSubject: Re: a possible mod to use.   a possible mod to use. Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 9:20 pm

True, but I think he wouldn't mind giving his opinion. I mean, we're not asking him to try out all the mods and what not.

(edit)

I'm just saying it would be nice to get an experienced opinion about whether it would be a good idea or not.

Last edited by rulerofworlds on Wed May 02, 2012 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MrSquables
EC|SM
EC|SM
MrSquables

Number of posts : 3646
  • Hall of Fame

PostSubject: Re: a possible mod to use.   a possible mod to use. Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:01 pm

I have no control of the minecraft sever, internally. Knightrider always seems to mess it up according to Ghost.
Back to top Go down
Wasp
EC|SM
EC|SM
Wasp

Number of posts : 3370
  • Hall of Fame

PostSubject: Re: a possible mod to use.   a possible mod to use. Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:12 pm

Ahh, From what I read it sounded like you wanted to have him install it. That aside, I tried to install one of these mods, it was simple enough for me on single player, how ever let me share with you the way these sophisticated mods work.

To install mods like these on a server, the client must know how to render it. Minecraft doesn't send that sort of data across, it just tells you whats what and where it is and lets the client deal with all the fun stuff. This means all the clients will have to install these mod's on their end to be able to see them while on the server. Now get everyone who is on our minecraft server to do that and know how to do that would be a pain in the ass.

Don't know, don't care if they have changed that, just like to throw that out there before you get too attached with this idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theeasycompany.org

PostSubject: Re: a possible mod to use.   a possible mod to use. Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:40 am

yeah true almost with beharded if not everyone has the full game and not cracked idk how hard it would be for a cracked reason
Back to top Go down
rulerofworlds
EC|DM
EC|DM

PostSubject: Re: a possible mod to use.   a possible mod to use. Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:26 pm

This would not be easy to do. If Knight has the room for another server (which I don't think he has) we could set up a separate one with the mods installed for the people who are willing to put the time in to download and install all these mods then that could possibly work.
Back to top Go down
EasilyDistracted
EC|SM
EC|SM
EasilyDistracted

Number of posts : 1010
  • Game Admin
  • Donator$

PostSubject: Re: a possible mod to use.   a possible mod to use. Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 12:29 am

Seems... Ok...
I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a possible mod to use.   a possible mod to use. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a possible mod to use.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Easy Company :: General :: Server Discussion :: =]EC[= -Minelife- [Mncrft]-
Jump to: