Easy Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multi-Gaming Clan

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142)

Go down 
+5
Mauduin
Knightrider
Elise09
Wasp
Spyderfang
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Spyderfang
EC|RM
EC|RM
Spyderfang

Clan Tag : Exile
Number of posts : 774

GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142) Empty
PostSubject: GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142)   GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 1:47 am

OK, we've been having a little too much fun with gunships I think. I've seen my other clan, AoH disband because an admin got angry, banned everyone, and DDOS'd the crap out of the server because of people constantly wanting gunships in our old clan's Gibraltar server. First, you cant fly there. Second, that's ALL the server became, gunships in Gibraltar. I don't wana see EC go down how AoH did. I think we should cut back on the messing around with gunships. I don't want to blame anyone for this, even though Wasp spawned them, everyone in the server the past two days pressured him into playing with them. We should cut back and not look like un-organized rule breakers in our own server. I've already seen some regulars in the server get angry, and Alexice and Andrewice would NOT stop begging and begging even after being told no for gunships. Alex and Andrew are the kind of people that poured into AoH's server and caused UndeadHardcore (The angry admin) to destroy AoH. I'm only a recruit and I don't know who's all gonna agree with me, but from being an Admin in AoH and watching it get destroyed, I can see where this is going to end up, and AoH ended up the same way that I'm foreseeing. So, just a suggestion, let's cut back on the gunships and stick to Admins only on the Monorail instead. That's enough of an annoyance as it is to keep others off.

Also on a side note, one of the rules scrolling in the server says "Do not 'distrub' private duels" It should say 'disturb' instead.

Thank you for reading,

-Spyder
Back to top Go down
Wasp
EC|SM
EC|SM
Wasp

Clan Tag : =]EC[=
Number of posts : 3370
  • Hall of Fame

PostSubject: Re: GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142)   GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 3:31 am

Eh i agree with you i did get carried away and i think Mauduin was right to keep the codes secret....
You were also bugging me :P so were others, anyways
Sorry Nuff gun ships for me and everyone else, also Mauduin someone figured out why your gunship code wont work on our server. Its because its set to no vehicles, and when its set to that you can only spawn air vehicles and no ground vehicles.
I'm going lay low and stay away from 2142 until the urge of everyone (Alex and Andrew) wanting gunships goes away, doubt it will be anytime soon but it'll keep me away from them to :P Sorry everyone.
And Mauduin I'm ready for the i told you so's, so bring em on...
Sadface
Back to top Go down
http://www.theeasycompany.org
Elise09
Lieutentant Colonel
Lieutentant Colonel
Elise09

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142)   GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 4:42 am

Mauduin really shouldn't be doing that Wasp. And I'm only saying that because it's only a bad thing if not used in moderation. If it were to be done when the server wasn't full and every one there was in EC or a good friend of the clan, I'd say it is okay, but only if every one had the chance to fly and knew it would only be on occasion. Just like when Mauduin was lifting people 5,000 feet in the air, it was acceptable at that time. It just comes down to knowing when it is and isn't appropriate, and also when to stop doing it.

Personally, I would like to have an option for people with CC access to spawn walkers, just so they can watch the fight and moderate the server from any location with out being killed. It doesn't have to happen and I don't expect it to, but it would be nice. And there would be no screwing around with it in any chance unless it is appropriate.
Back to top Go down
Spyderfang
EC|RM
EC|RM
Spyderfang

PostSubject: Re: GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142)   GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 7:51 am

A good admin doesn't need to sit in a walker, you need to be strict enough to let people know who is boss, and do a warn kick ban system... I was an admin before I know what I'm talkin about :P.
Back to top Go down
Elise09
Lieutentant Colonel
Lieutentant Colonel
Elise09

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142)   GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 8:01 am

You start handing them out and people will just say you abuse the power. There are spots you can go where you are not allowed to kill/be killed, but you can't rely on it all the time. I'd rather not have to worry about encouraging someone to break them when I am just acting as blood in a pool of sharks.
Back to top Go down
Spyderfang
EC|RM
EC|RM
Spyderfang

PostSubject: Re: GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142)   GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:21 am

The thing is your admins rely on this mod too much for security... You just need a lot of good active admins that will enforce your rules, and kicking/ banning for things helps them learn more than "oh my gun doesn't work". In AoH we didn't have a mod for protection, we didn't sit in walkers. we actually went in and played with our players on the server, and W/K/B was in effect. Usually after a few kicks someone would learn that he cannot misbehave, and yes we had to ban but letting someone appeal it and getting un-banned just so they can cause trouble again looks really bad. I'm usually on all the time. In AoH I was the hardest working admin that was always on. I'm not saying you guys are bad at your jobs but you rely on no kill zones and mods to make sure others behave, and sit back to watch on the monorail. Muntjac and I were even talking about this last night. I'm not telling anyone how to act either but I just want to give my opinion... But back to the gunships yes I got caught up in the frey too Wasp but I shouldn't have. But no more gunships is just fine I'd suggest.
Back to top Go down
Knightrider
EC|F
EC|F
Knightrider

Number of posts : 3161
  • Unit Member
  • Tactical Unit
  • Knight Industries
  • Web Master

PostSubject: Re: GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142)   GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:38 am

Gunships are over with, i never authorized any staff to use the gunships, this issue will be resolved. Also, our clan use to have knife only server without the mods, our older admins understand how to handle it without sitting in a walker and such. Even now its still good as you say syderfang to learn how to controll the server without the mods and vehicles etc for assistance, there are going to be times when our knife mod is down becuase the server crashed for something and guns will work etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theeasycompany.net
Mauduin
EC|F
EC|F
Mauduin

Number of posts : 907

PostSubject: Re: GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142)   GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 11:59 am

I have been an admin for servers for years and have been using the mod for approximately 1/4 of the total time that I have been an admin. I use to w/k/b based on people who would break the rules however the problem was that there were dead times in the server where no admin could be on. This caused problems because everyone would start shooting and that would clear out the server really quickly as you can imagine.

That is why I developed the mod to help with the down times in the server. This way the rules would still be enforced with or without an admin. However I used gunships and walkers in moderation mainly for the reason described above. Soon everyone wants one or someone abuses it.

Wasp I am not going to give you the I told you so crap. We learn from our mistakes sometimes we have to make those mistakes on our own to understand what the other person met. I view this as a learning experience and I hope this issue will resolve itself with me needing to interfere.
Back to top Go down
MrSquables
EC|SM
EC|SM
MrSquables

Number of posts : 3646
  • Hall of Fame

PostSubject: Re: GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142)   GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 4:10 pm

Righto. As being Mr.Squables I shall resolve this problem and current "need" from other players about gunships. Maybe this is over said but: We shouldn't of every used gunships. The only time we did was when Mauduin was on and we was messing with the server with gravity and guns. I thought gunships weren't used to administrate. I'm sure they weren't and maybe someone took it the wrong way.
Back to top Go down
Spyderfang
EC|RM
EC|RM
Spyderfang

PostSubject: Re: GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142)   GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 4:57 pm

Aye to all three of you. I meant no offense, or to say anyone is a bad admin, but I just thought I should bring the gunship issue up. Thanks for understanding me as well.
Back to top Go down
JBrady
EC|FM
EC|FM
JBrady

Number of posts : 742

PostSubject: Re: GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142)   GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 5:01 pm

I have only seen the gunship once, and that was squables. Gunships have nothing to do with our server and we have no reason to spawn them, it will cause trouble certainly
Back to top Go down
Spyderfang
EC|RM
EC|RM
Spyderfang

PostSubject: Re: GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142)   GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 5:07 pm

Then you weren't on last night.
Back to top Go down
JBrady
EC|FM
EC|FM
JBrady

Number of posts : 742

PostSubject: Re: GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142)   GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 5:08 pm

ya, i wasnt. i saw wasp, you and a couple other members on and there were like 15 other people on so i figured it was busy enough :P
Back to top Go down
Spyderfang
EC|RM
EC|RM
Spyderfang

PostSubject: Re: GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142)   GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 7:36 pm

Lol. Yeah it was busy :P
Back to top Go down
EasilyDistracted
EC|SM
EC|SM
EasilyDistracted

Number of posts : 1010
  • Game Admin
  • Donator$

PostSubject: Re: GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142)   GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 9:55 pm

Whoops... Sorry guys. It was fun. But that is of a different matter. Our server is knife dedicated and as it should stay. So... Sorry. Or Whoops if you want to be un professional. (Whooo!)
Back to top Go down
MrSquables
EC|SM
EC|SM
MrSquables

Number of posts : 3646
  • Hall of Fame

PostSubject: Re: GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142)   GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:35 pm

<--- doesn't know the code of gunships. Doesn't care of the code for gunships. Wants the code for low gravity though :D
Back to top Go down
Wasp
EC|SM
EC|SM
Wasp

• Hall of Fame

PostSubject: Re: GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142)   GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 11:30 pm

ill keep the spawning to when its just strictly =]EC[= members :D
Back to top Go down
mooman1998
Second Lieutent
Second Lieutent
mooman1998

Number of posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142)   GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 11:34 pm

Well seeing how it is a knife only server, and mist people come on for that (me as one of them) I just ignore the gunship stuff and kill the guys who want to knife. I was on when the gunship frenzy and I think that was stupid. Alex and Andrew and a bunch of other guys started nagging wasp for one, after everyone else left though, I went over to the remaining gunship noobs and killed them all. Please, dont give in to their annoying whining, I deal with guys wanting admin by just saying no, then warning them.

Thanks wasp, but couldn't we just use the private one for that? The public one is to open and guys come on all the time.
Back to top Go down
Wasp
EC|SM
EC|SM
Wasp

• Hall of Fame

PostSubject: Re: GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142)   GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 11:57 pm

noone ever uses the private server and idk the password :P
Back to top Go down
EasilyDistracted
EC|SM
EC|SM
EasilyDistracted

Number of posts : 1010
  • Game Admin
  • Donator$

PostSubject: Re: GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142)   GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 11:59 pm

We have a private server? (ABSOLUTELY OBLIVIOUS)
Back to top Go down
Wasp
EC|SM
EC|SM
Wasp

• Hall of Fame

PostSubject: Re: GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142)   GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 12:00 am

GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142) Facepalm
Back to top Go down
mooman1998
Second Lieutent
Second Lieutent
mooman1998

PostSubject: Re: GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142)   GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 12:01 am

Yes.... Well then don't give in to their whining. Or give them a gunship that rams them into a wall every time they get in it xD
Back to top Go down
Wasp
EC|SM
EC|SM
Wasp

• Hall of Fame

PostSubject: Re: GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142)   GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 12:11 am

im just going to warn them to stop then kick if they continue
:P ima be a nazi admin if i get frustrated
Back to top Go down
mooman1998
Second Lieutent
Second Lieutent
mooman1998

PostSubject: Re: GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142)   GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 12:13 am

Same, I first tell them, then warn,then rapidly start kicking.

*mental note* don't go when wasp, Alex and Andrew are on together...
Back to top Go down
Spyderfang
EC|RM
EC|RM
Spyderfang

PostSubject: Re: GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142)   GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 12:16 am

Yes we do Easy, and yeah we can do that on a private server but the normal server it will just make people think were stupid and not come knife. Mr. Muntjac wants challenging pros to knife against lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142)   GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GUNSHIP Issue, sort of important. (Battlefield 2142)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next