Easy Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multi-Gaming Clan

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ

Go down 
+5
Knightrider
=]EC[= GeneralElement
MrSquables
Wasp
Spyderfang
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Spyderfang
EC|RM
EC|RM
Spyderfang

Clan Tag : Exile
Number of posts : 774

Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ Empty
PostSubject: Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ   Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 8:02 pm

How bout...

I've heard some people wana join just for admin. We all know how the clan works, but they obviously don't when they are new. Put in the app:

"I understand that joining does not instantly give admin rights on EC servers"
"I understand admin rights on EC servers comes gradually with the gaining of my trust"

Or something. I hate people who say "Oh I wana join for admin! I'll be really good trust me instantly!"

Here is where my Utter seriousness kicks in. Please read it all!

Seriously, some kids act like they are freaking 8 years old. I don't wana try to sound like Elise in a way (That I see it from how he behaved) that those kids should all go to hell, but it is becoming more frequent that we are getting people who act under their age limit. There is a recent incident, not yet brought up with the member, who is acting like he is 8 years old. We already lost one member to such behavior, let's try not to introduce more into the clan.

I don't hate younger people, just when they can't learn the words trust, privileged, and the phrase "acting your age". I know we all fuck around, but we are mature enough to stop from doing something stupid. Some must be reminded occasionally, that is ok. Yet, some are not, even when reminded a million times. Those are the people that I don't want to see in this clan. And, if by chance one does, maybe they will be smart enough to grow into the level of maturity required to be in a clan.

I was the Commanding Officer for many Day of Defeat units, and I know how to run a unit. It is like a clan, just organized into military sort of stuff for realisms and the such. I can tell who and who isn't one of these trolls very easily, and it has built my memory to recognize instantly someone who I do not like and exactly why I don't like them.

I don't want this clan to burn down like my beloved pistoleering clan, AoH, due to cough-UNDEADHARDCORE-cough type of people. He crashed the server, DDOS'd or something, banned all the admins. I know how the admin system works in EC, and this will never happen the way we deal with things, but I don't want people who can't friggin behave when necessary in this clan.

Also in all of my admining, and leadership experience, I've never once accepted, and/or ranked up someone who ANTICIPATED that they, or that they have the RIGHT, to getting admin/benefits. These type of people are 80% likely to abuse it before they even know what to do with it, and how to use it properly. I've had 6-7 years of admining and leadership experience, I know exactly what I'm talking about, and I hope my point in this rant/suggestion is made clear. Personally, I think if someone NEVER gets on Teamspeak, NEVER talks to their clanmates, getting to know them and such, and posts 400 posts in 30 minutes should even be allowed to have any thing NEAR the privileges we give our recruits.

Personally, recruits should NEVER have any powers. The minimal powers should be in a new rank called "Junior member" and once they prove worthy of THAT, they have then earned the right to full membership status. Maybe recruit for 3 weeks. Junior member when they are well known by their clan mates, met and talked with at least one founder, and at least 2 moderators (Super, normal, Lt gen, etc.), and TRUSTED with any responsibility that they should handle with the required maturity level. Then, after maybe 2 months, give them Full Membership benefits and the such.

Call me a Nazi but hey, I'm sick of 8 year olds posting that they are 15 in their applications. This is a serious problem even if you don't think it is. And it has to be one for me, in my 6-7 years of experience, to know when to post such a thing as above.

I REALLY hope my points are clear, and that you read the ENTIRE thing before posting, because it took me a lot of thought and time to type this. And PLEASE, post something very relevant. This is a serious topic and I'd like if we could keep it that way. Squabbles I'm sorry but that means you too please.

REMEMBER! I'm not playing "I'm casting a mutiny on Knight", all of this is my thoughts, feelings, and hopefully taken into some consideration as a suggestion. I'm not saying, DO THIS. I want mature responses in what you think. Sorry for any bad language, this IS 1/6-rant, 5/6-suggestion from experience. And I read over it a million times.

(And no offense to our younger members who are actually mature enough to not anticipate getting admin rights / member benefits, and the such that I explained.)

Back to top Go down
Wasp
EC|SM
EC|SM
Wasp

Clan Tag : =]EC[=
Number of posts : 3370
  • Hall of Fame

PostSubject: Re: Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ   Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 8:16 pm

I have some thoughts id rather not share with the entire clan
Back to top Go down
http://www.theeasycompany.org
Spyderfang
EC|RM
EC|RM
Spyderfang

PostSubject: Re: Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ   Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 8:26 pm

You don't have too, I just want opinions on mine. S'all I ask.
Back to top Go down
MrSquables
EC|SM
EC|SM
MrSquables

Number of posts : 3646
  • Hall of Fame

PostSubject: Re: Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ   Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 11:46 pm

Sypder I love you. End of my statement :3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ   Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 12:11 am

Hmm i agreee with spyder when i joined, yeah i wanted admin hell who doesn't but i wanted to help out the staff to make life easyer for them.. But i was cool with waiting and proveing myself to get the admin.. From what i have heared and see if someone lies about there age they saw 16,18 or 21 witch does not help me cause im 16.. i feel we should see about cracking down on all these players lieing to get in.. i have more respect for a player who tells the truth to get in then one that lies.
Back to top Go down
=]EC[= GeneralElement
EC|F
EC|F
=]EC[= GeneralElement

Number of posts : 969

PostSubject: Re: Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ   Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 3:42 am

Spyder: You have some great thoughts on this topic. I am taking them into consideration for sure. Cause I agree completely with you.. So I'll revise our Clan Application tonight, and see what I can work up. Maybe, we can have a Terms & Conditions page? That they'll have to test on afterwards, to prove that they know it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.theeasycompany.net
Spyderfang
EC|RM
EC|RM
Spyderfang

PostSubject: Re: Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ   Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 4:56 am

Exactly! In a DoD:S unit, First you take a BCT, basic coombat training. Pretty much you are told about the unit, what the rules are, how we work, what to expect. Then they would be accepted as a private. After 2 weeks, I'd have one of my drill instructors, or my self personally, give them a test to see what they remembered, in their "second BCT". Also, like I said, if I found out they had disrespectful behavior, depending on how bad it was, they would not get ranked up past Private. Only my Staff Sergeants and up would have minimal admin, All Officer ranks would have full admin. Which is funny, since their was only 4 officers. 1st, 2nd Lt. Captain, and I usually got my units big enough that I could be a Major. If I had a First Sergeant ( the most senior NCO) who showed his worth I'd give him full benefits.

Now, EC is not a DoD:S unit, so the whole BCT thing will be out of the question. But I think a test would be good, to make sure they actually did read it. I like the idea, but that only solves on of the problems. Only time can tell how someone will behave, but at least that would be a start. If they aren't willing to remember (Well, obviously some people have bad memories) at least the basic fundamentals of our clan, then why accept them? Is it so hard to learn and accept a few rules?

I say that a test sort of thing would be a great start. I really also think that a new rank should be established, taking recruits place in the minimal benefits.

Just a thought on what I think:

Rec: New to the clan. In this ( 2 or 3 weeks? ) period you're going to be getting to know the clan, your clanmates, and our rules. You should at least get to know one of the founders, and a few moderators, because these guys are probably going to judge your performance more concerning your promotions. After showing trust and the required maturity level ( Actually acting like you're over the age limit of 14), you will become a

Junior member: Minimal benefits taking place of what we currently give our recruits. In this period of time you should be pretty well known by your clan, at least talking to them on the forums, Xfire/Steam, and the best way to get anywhere in EC: Teamspeak if you can. After the staff see how you are doing, we will decide when we determine it to be fit to promote you to

Full member: This rank gives the current benefits of our full members, you are now a full member of EC, with all the benefits set in for you

Sr. Mem, Mod, etc....

I really think adding a new rank something like that would help with seeing whos gonna be acting like they are 10 years under the age limit. Again, I don't have a say in this cause it's up to the founders like yourself Element, maybe wasp... But I think it's a good idea.

Last edited by Spyderfang on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wasp
EC|SM
EC|SM
Wasp

Number of posts : 3370
  • Hall of Fame

PostSubject: Re: Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ   Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 2:38 pm

i really want to raise the age limit, and make it invisible so they dont know what age to lie about
Back to top Go down
http://www.theeasycompany.org
MrSquables
EC|SM
EC|SM
MrSquables

Number of posts : 3646
  • Hall of Fame

PostSubject: Re: Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ   Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 8:20 pm

That's a good one. Honestly. Lol. But they would just say they're like 23 or 25 when they app. But I'm sure the TS3 will clarify that.
Back to top Go down
Knightrider
EC|F
EC|F
Knightrider

Number of posts : 3161
  • Unit Member
  • Tactical Unit
  • Knight Industries
  • Web Master

PostSubject: Re: Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ   Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 12:11 am

We are working on a new system for our recruits. This system we hope will filter out unwanted members more effectively.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theeasycompany.net

PostSubject: Re: Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ   Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 12:12 am

Im one for the Age limite raise when ppl ask to join i ask for there age first i never tell them the limite until i get my answer first
Back to top Go down
EasilyDistracted
EC|SM
EC|SM
EasilyDistracted

Number of posts : 1010
  • Game Admin
  • Donator$

PostSubject: Re: Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ   Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 9:19 am

See? Very helpful of you. Im going to have to make recommend you for something sometime. As always - Anyway,
yes it is true, most of our recruits do come from the BF 2142 server. This is mostly because they want admin powers and to have more power of everyone else on the server. >.>
I agree with Senior Spy....der....p.
Back to top Go down
newbbb
EC|JM
EC|JM

Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ   Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 1:42 am

okay i dont have the patience to read the few books that you guys wrote... but i agree with the players joining just to get admin is wrong. so heres an idea, take the little tidbit out of the portal that says: Most new members that join will get in-game admin on the server(s) we have up and running.
that pretty much says uhh, join so you can have admin
Back to top Go down
GhostUN7
EC|G
EC|G
GhostUN7

Number of posts : 233
  • Staff Team
  • Recruitment Department
  • Public Affairs Dept

PostSubject: Re: Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ   Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 4:43 am

Its like knight said spider, CoD is for kids, battlefield is for teens, and Arma is for adults. Sense we have influence in CoD we are getting the really single minded people sometimes... But every now and then we get a smart person from there.

As for battlefield players, they are mostly quiet... or inactive alot because they get bored... of both the clan and the game.

And Arma players? well its to awesome to be boring, Arma kills all CoD series (WIN) thats why its called a "Simulator" instead of a "Arcade"
Back to top Go down
robberzora
EC|RM
EC|RM

Number of posts : 166

PostSubject: Re: Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ   Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 6:12 pm

I think all of this is a good idea but if you raise the age limit will ppl under the new be kicked out so lets say its 14 right now will the 14year olds get kicked from the clan?

Everything else seems like a great idea
Back to top Go down
Spyderfang
EC|RM
EC|RM
Spyderfang

PostSubject: Re: Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ   Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 7:07 pm

No you will not be kicked, unless you insult me more!
Back to top Go down
robberzora
EC|RM
EC|RM

Number of posts : 166

PostSubject: Re: Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ   Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 7:09 pm

I was jk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ   Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application rule / Spyder's thoughts, PLEASE READ
Page 1 of 1